Do you ever feel that you:
- Hate your job?
- Do not know how you are going to make it through the work day?
- Experience conflicts with your co-workers, supervisors or bosses?
- Find yourself unable to concentrate at work because of other intruding thoughts?
- Do not have a balance between home and work?
- Have difficulty talking with your boss or co-workers about your work needs?
- Want to change jobs but do not know what to do or where to turn?
- Feel stuck and trapped and cannot change this situation?
- Are on the verge of burnout but do not know how to stop this?
Experiencing some or many of these feelings is common when you are in the workforce. However, if you continue to have these thoughts and concerns on an ongoing basis for an extended period of time, then it may be time to seek assistance and make changes in your life. Not every stressful work situation needs to result in leaving your job. Many times there are interventions that can occur to make work more enjoyable, improve morale, increase work productivity and overall job satisfaction.
Taking a proactive approach to addressing your concerns can result in many positive outcomes. Don’t be afraid of self-exploration and change. Problem solving and developing a plan of action can help you feel better and improve your work situation. Frequently, it does not take much change to make a major difference in how you feel about your work and yourself.